About The All Terrain R500 Electric Fat Bike
The M2S Bikes | Mountains To Sea Electric Bikes All Terrain R500 electric fat bike is ready for pretty much everything you can throw at it. From deep sand to fresh snow and everything in between, this bike has everything you need to get you where you want to go. The rugged aluminum alloy frame includes an integrated 48v, 10.4 amp hour battery pack capable of delivering over 35 miles per charge using pedal assist or around 12 miles on throttle-only mode. The 4" inch fat tires easily cruise through the toughest terrain while absorbing bumps and soaking up holes with ease.
The All Terrain R500 is a continuation of our best-selling All Terrain series and builds on everything we worked on when developing our original All Terrain R750 model but at a more affordable price point.
The All Terrain R500 does not include rack and fenders, but these items can be added for an additional cost. You can view these at our accessories page
- FRAME: All Terrain 6061 Aluminum Frame
- FORK: Mozo Hydraulic Dampened Fork
- SIZING: Medium 17" / Large 19" / Low Step 18"
- CRANKSET: Prowheel 170mm square taper / 36T one-piece chainring
- DERAILLEUR (REAR):Shimano Tourney 7-speed
- SHIFTER REAR: Shimano Tourney
- CHAIN: KMC X7 rust resistant
- RIMS: 26" aluminum with front quick release hub (Step Thru uses 24" wheels for increased stand-over height)
- TIRES: Kenda Juggernaut 26" x 4.0" (M & L size); 24" x 4" (step thru)
- BRAKES: Tektro Mechanical E-Comp, 180mm rotors
- HANDLEBAR: Zoom 700mm
- STEM: Zoom
- SEATPOST: Zoom 30.4 mm Alloy
- SADDLE: Selle Royal Padded Gel
- MOTOR: XOFO 500w nominal (750+ watts at peak)
- BATTERY: 48v, 10.4 amp hour removable battery
- CONTROLLER: Lishui 48v, seat tube mount
- DISPLAY: APT digital display (9 speed pedal assist)
- THROTTLE: left hand thumb throttle
- SENSORS: 12 pole cadence sensor
- LIGHT: Spanninga LED (30 LUX) - wired to main battery
- RANGE: 20-45 miles per charge
- TORQUE: 65 Newton Meters
- WEIGHT: ~65 pounds
- WARRANTY: 1-year comprehensive
- RACK & FENDERS: Optional; order separately here
Most variations of the All Terrain R500 are in stock and currently ready for shipping. We have limited quantities available for immediate delivery and additional colors and sizes available for pre-order. For the latest updates on availability and delivery schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What size should I get? We recommend customers under 5'6" in height opt for the low step design. Customers between 5'6" and 5'10" can generally ride the medium bike with no problem as long as their inseam on their pants is greater than 27" in length. The large frame bike is best for customers between 5'9" and 6'3".
What is covered under warranty? Our warranty covers the frame, motor, battery, controller and display for one year. The other parts of the bike are subject to wear and tear and are not covered under warranty, but you can expect to receive full support from our customer service team to assist with any and all repairs, including access to replacement parts for the life of the bike.
How long does the battery last? Generally the batteries are rated for 900 charge cycles, which should be 3-5 years for most users. The range per charge can be anywhere from 20-75 miles depending on how hard you pedal, how steep the hills are and how fast you're going. Check out our battery range video for more info.
Is the bike waterproof? While our bikes aren't fully waterproof and should not be submerged in water, generally speaking they are very water resistant and can be hosed down and washed like any other bike. The battery, motor and display are fully sealed and can resist rain, snow and being hosed down after a ride. Like any bike, you'll need to make sure to keep your chain lubed and well cared for to ensure optimal performance.