The XC Sport R500 is quickly making a name as one of the most fun and enjoyable rear-hub electric bikes on the market thanks to it's fast speed and oversize 27.5" tires. The XC Sport R500 is a 27.5" hard tail electric bike ready with a powerful high speed 500 watt rear hub motor capable of 28 mph on throttle only mode when off road mode is enabled and speeds of over 30 mph on pedal assist mode.
The 48 volt, 16 amp hour battery provides total riding range of 25 to 50 miles per charge depending on your pedal assist level, while the thumb throttle adds optional motor-only riding. The 27.5" tires are 2.25" wide and are ideal for everything from long gravel roads, steep singletrack or fast paved commutes. The XC Sport R500+ includes a Suntour XCM front shock with 100mm of travel and a thru-axle hub.
The newly updated XC Sport includes a rear rack with light, full coverage fenders and an updated display controller unit from Bafang that provides exceptional pedal assist control and performance.
Standard Features On The Dual Sport R500+:
- Powerful and reliable high speed 500 watt Bafang rear hub motor
- 48 volt LG 16 amp hour lithium ion batteries rated for 900+ charge cycles
- Durable high-quality 6061 aluminum alloy frame
- Tektro hydraulic disc brakes with motor cut off
- Zoom handlebar and stem
- Shimano 1x8 gear set and derailleur
- Aluminum Alloy rims with 27.5" x 2.25" tires
- Stem-Mounted Bafang LCD display shows speed, avg speed, trip distance, remaining battery power
- Multi-function Bafang control with 5 pedal assist speeds and integrated lights
- Thumb throttle with full power override to get an extra boost anytime
- Smart battery charging system with rapid charging
- Aluminum alloy pedals
- One-year warranty
- Quick release / thru-axle front wheel
- Throttle only speeds of 20 mph
- Pedal assist speeds of 25+ mph
- Optional Off Road Mode enables faster speeds with 25+ mph on throttle only
- Weight: 55 pounds
- Sizes: Large is 20" frame with 31" standover; Medium is 17" frame with 27.5" standover
- Color: Black
Info On The Suntour XCM
- Travel 100mm
- Right Side Adjustments: RL, LO, HLO, N/A
- Left Side Adjustments: Coil with Preload adjuster
- Crown: AC4C
- Stanchion tube: 32mm / STKM
- Lower: Al Alloy
- Brake: Postmount 160mm
- Steerer tube: 1.1/8", STKM
- Weight: starting from: 3000g
- Axle: 15QLC32-110 / O.L.D. 110mm
The XC Sport R500 is currently sold out with additional inventory expected back in stock in mid August. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Both the Dual Sport R500 and XC Sport R500 use the same components package, including battery, motor, controller and display. Comparable range can be expected for both models.
What size should I get? We recommend customers between 5'6" and 5'10" to order the medium frame bike and will find it to be a comfortable ride with optimal stand-over height as long as their inseam on their pants is greater than 27" in length. The large frame bike is best for customers between 5'9" and 6'3".
What is covered under warranty? Our warranty covers the frame, motor, battery, controller and display for one year. The other parts of the bike are subject to wear and tear and are not covered under warranty, but you can expect to receive full support from our customer service team to assist with any and all repairs, including access to replacement parts for the life of the bike.
How long does the battery last? Generally the batteries are rated for 900 charge cycles, which should be 3-5 years for most users. The range per charge can be anywhere from 20-75 miles depending on how hard you pedal, how steep the hills are and how fast you're going. Check out our battery range video for more info.
Is the bike waterproof? While our bikes aren't fully waterproof and should not be submerged in water, generally speaking they are very water resistant and can be hosed down and washed like any other bike. The battery, motor and display are fully sealed and can resist rain, snow and being hosed down after a ride. Like any bike, you'll need to make sure to keep your chain lubed and well cared for to ensure optimal performance.